Hey everyone. Your editor, Roy McKenzie, here. Starting the Castro Biscuit and sharing it with the neighborhood has been an amazing, humbling, and challenging experience. I started this blog to give a voice to the Castro and to share news and happenings that I thought were interesting. It has morphed into what it is today, covering a variety of Castro-related news including business, politics, events, crime, and more.
After careful consideration and discussion with a few readers and other bloggers, I’ve decided to have the Castro Biscuit join forces with Hoodline, a San Francisco blog coalition made up of the neighborhood blogs: Haighteration, Uppercasing, and Hayeswire (and more). Andrew Dudley and Rose Garrett are the chief editors over at Hoodline and have created something really special for San Franciscans interested in neighborhood news. The merge will provide, with the help of new writers and better resources, more comprehensive and regular coverage of the Castro.
Some things will be staying the same:
- Castro Biscuit Facebook and Twitter pages will stay the same.
- You can still receive email updates of new posts (and add other neighborhoods, too, if you’d like!).
- I will still be managing Editor for the Castro neighborhood.
And some things will be changing:
- A new look and feel. CastroBiscuit.com will now redirect to Hoodline.com.
- You’ll be able to access stories from the Hoodline iPhone app (including the ability to receive push notifications for breaking news and alerts).
What you can expect:
- The same great coverage with more regular and comprehensive coverage.
- Better editing of posts courtesy of Hoodline's eagle-eyed and talented Editrix Rose Garrett.
- More writer voices! Interested in writing? Let us know!
I'm inviting Castro Biscuit email subscribers and regular readers to create an account on Hoodline.com (http://hoodline.com/biscuit) to continue to receive Castro-area news email updates (also allowing you to sign up for other nearby neighborhood updates too!). Signing up for an account on Hoodline is totally optional, but we've amassed over 1700 email subscribers and I don't want you to miss out on future neighborhood news email alerts if that's how you have been used to receiving Biscuit news.
Never miss a story.
Subscribe today to get Hoodline delivered straight to your inbox.
Now let's customize your news feed.
Just pick at least one neighborhood that interests you.