It's officially December, and if you're giving yourself a break between bouts of holiday shopping around the Upper Haight this week, we've got some recommendations to keep you busy.
Get outside at tomorrow's Buena Vista Park volunteer cleanup day, from 9am-noon. Bring closed-toed shoes, and be ready to pick up a rake or a shovel. Light refreshments will be provided; warm dress is recommended.
The weekend is full of live music, including the Americano Social Club, a variety-show-format marathon at Club Deluxe (1511 Haight St.) Saturday through Sunday. Quoth Deluxe, "This is music to flirt by, music to get lost in found in, music for la dolce vita," the organizers write. Tickets are only $5.
And if you're looking for something to round out the beginning of next week, step over to the Booksmith (1644 Haight St.) on Monday for a free reading by Bill Ayers for his new book, Demand The Impossible!: A Radical Manifesto. [Full disclosure: this writer also works there.]
Without further ado, here's your full roundup of goings-on in and around the Haight for the weekend and beyond. Find more events for the week ahead, or contribute your own, at hoodline.com/events.
This Week In Upper Haight News
- Introducing Manitas Cafe: Authentic Salvadoran Fare In NoPa
- Rent Hike Deflates American Cyclery Too, But Original Store Is Still Pumped
- The Power Of Sidewalk Chalk: INSCRIBE Returns To Castro For World AIDS Day
- What To Do In SF This Week, On A Budget
- Hoodline Editors' Picks: The Best Places To Shop Local For The Holidays, By Neighborhood
New On Hayes Street: Katani Pizza
Never miss a story.
Subscribe today to get Hoodline delivered straight to your inbox.