In recent weeks, people who live and work in Potrero Hill received notices that a film called "Cherry Blue" would be shooting in the area, but the movie's secret identity has been unmasked—crews are filming Ant-Man & The Wasp, a sequel to 2015's Ant-Man.
The Marvel film, set for a 2018 release, stars Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas and Bay Area resident Michelle Pfieffer.
Two months ago, the production shot scenes in Russian Hill, staging car jumps, automobile chases and simulated gunfire. Crews also descended upon Cole Valley—a convertible Packard from the 1930s was parked in front of The Ice Cream Bar as actors wearing period costumes filmed inside.
Early this week, crews made another appearance, this time in Fisherman's Wharf.
The 2014 film was codenamed "Bigfoot" when it shot around the Tenderloin, Buena Vista Park, and Ashbury Heights. This year's filming permits are associated with "Pym Productions," the same last name as a character in Ant-Man.
The production is recruiting extras of "all shapes and sizes" who are interested in appearing in the film. To be considered, email a photo and contact info to email@example.com
Film crews are shooting tomorrow in Pacific Heights on Laguna between Broadway and Jackson streets from 5am to 9pm, closing the following streets to parking and traffic:
- Laguna Street between Vallejo and Washington
- Broadway between Octavia and Buchanan
- Pacific Avenue between Octavia and Buchanan
- Jackson between Octavia and Buchanan
Parking will be prohibited in the following locations:
- Vallejo Street between Buchanan and Octavia
- Broadway Buchanan and Gough
- Pacific Avenue between Buchanan and Octavia
- Jackson Street between Buchanan and Gough
- Washington Street between Laguna and Gough
- Laguna Street between Vallejo and Clay
- Gough Street between Washington and Sacramento
On Monday, the production shifts to Potrero Hill. Between 5am and 9pm, the following streets will be closed:
- 18th Street between Connecticut and Texas
- Missouri Street between Mariposa and 19th
Parking will be prohibited on these streets:
- 17th Street between Carolina and Arkansas
- Mariposa Street between Carolina and Arkansas
- Mariposa Street between Connecticut and Texas
- 18th Street between Connecticut and Pennsylvania
- Carolina Street between 17th and Mariposa
- Arkansas Street between 17th and Mariposa
- Connecticut Street between Mariposa and 19th
- Missouri between Mariposa and 19th
- 19th Street between Connecticut and Missouri
- 18th Street between Carolina and Arkansas
Although access to these areas will be restricted, residents and merchants who live or work nearby will be admitted after contacting a police officer or calling a production coordinator at 805-377-0248.
Never miss a story.
Subscribe today to get Hoodline delivered straight to your inbox.