Carbon monoxide exposure has killed one person and sickened five others in a residence in Bernal Heights early this morning, according to the San Francisco Fire Department.
Carbon Monoxide Fatality 301 Multrie. Two patients transported to hospitals. 1 Fatal. 3 treated on scene FF’s rescued 2 from lower unit. Source possibly water heater this was isolated to the building and resolved 426AM-8AM pic.twitter.com/cAFRTKHVi8— San Francisco Fire (@sffdpio) December 7, 2017
Firefighters responded to 301 Moultrie St. (between Eugenia and Cortland) at 4:26am where a carbon monoxide alarm was going off, reports ABC7.
Two people were rescued from a lower unit, and two other residents—one an elderly woman—was transported to a hospital in serious condition. Three people were treated at the scene.
First responders worked for 45 minutes to rescue an elderly man who was stricken at the scene, but he succumbed to his injuries.
Via Twitter, SFFD said the source of the carbon monoxide was "possibly" a water heater.
Never miss a story.
Subscribe today to get Hoodline delivered straight to your inbox.