It's been a grim week for news in the Upper Haight, with the developing story about the murder of a homeless man in Alvord Lake taking center stage. But there's also some happy news in the neighborhood: the 39th annual Haight Ashbury Street Fair and Battle Of The Bands is coming up this Sunday, June 12th. Here's the intel on street closures, Muni reroutes, and the music lineup.
Muni routes: Bus lines affected include the 7-Haight/Noriega, the 33-Stanyan, the 37-Corbett, and the 43-Masonic. The easternmost stop for westbound lines will be Haight and Masonic (or Frederick and Ashbury, in the case of the 33); the westernmost stops for eastbound lines will be on Waller at Cole (37, 43) or Stanyan (33). The N-Owl will be rerouted off of Haight starting at 5:30am Sunday morning.
Driving routes: Haight will be closed to traffic between Masonic and Stanyan, with all cross streets closed between Page and Waller. If you live nearby, be sure to get yourself a good parking spot and hunker down for the weekend. The official festivities are from 11am to 5:30pm, but traffic will be altered both before and after for preparation and cleanup, so you can reasonably expect backup for most of sunday.
Here's the full music lineup. To learn more about each of these bands and hear some sample audio, check out our post on the music of the fair.
- 11:00-11:36 – Greg Dale & The Horse You Rode In On
- 11:50-12:30 – Waves of Silver
- 12:45-1:45 – The Dave Nelson Band (with Barry Sless, Pete Sears, John Molo, Mookie Siegel)
- 2:00- 3:00 – David Freiberg & Quicksilver Messenger Service
- 3:15- 5:15 – Jefferson Starship w/ family & friends
- 11:00-11:40 – In Letter Form
- 11:55-12:40 – No Exit
- 12:55-1:40 – Sawcat
- 1:55-2:40 – Mannequin Planet
- 2:55-3:40 – Roadside Memorial
- 3:55-5:00 – Crystal Garden
If the Street Fair isn't enough for you, there's a full roster of events in the neighborhood over the next week. To see all the events going on citywide, visit hoodline.com/events.