It's a full weekend in the Upper Haight—here's a look ahead.
First, the Conservatory of Flowers is debuting a new late-summer series of outdoor events, leading off with "Ask The Orchid Doctor," which is your chance to bring by your ailing phalaenopois and dendrobium for a little TLC. Take in your plants, and the doctor will prescribe a rehab program to get them green and perky again.
Milk Bar is also kicking off an unusually busy weekend of events tonight, with a night of psych rock featuring Levitation Room and an analog liquid light show by Mad Alchemy, a Bay Area liquid light pioneer who's been providing psychedelic visuals for over 30 years.
This Saturday marks the grand opening of Sunchild's Parlour, the new vintage furnishing and accessory shop in the lobby of the Red Vic. (It's named for Red Vic founder Sammy Sunchild.) The opening party on Saturday night will include libations and live music.
Below is a full roster of your weekend events for the neighborhood. As ever, check out citywide offerings and submit your own events for next weekend's roundup at hoodline.com/events.
This Week in Upper Haight News
- Now Open At The Red Vic: 'Sunchild's Parlour,' A Vintage Pop-Up
- Park Station Meeting Recap: Crime Down Across The District
- Dollhouse Bettie, The Haight's Vintage Lingerie Store, To Close This Fall
- Second Act Owners Nix Marketplace To Focus On Events
- Conservatory Of Flowers Launches Free Weekend Outdoor Exhibits
- Netflix's 'Girlboss' To Continue Shooting In Russian Hill, Haight, More
- 'Haight Street Bazar' Opens For Business Today In Former HYA Storefront
- Thief Strikes Stanyan Street Yoga Tree While Class Is In Session
Never miss a story.
Subscribe today to get Hoodline delivered straight to your inbox.