In yet another violent incident at one of the city's most notorious intersections, a 17-year-old is in life-threatening condition after being attacked and hit with a skateboard at Alvord Lake, near Haight and Stanyan streets.
The incident occurred at 4:45pm on Saturday afternoon, when the victim was approached by two other men, both in their 20s. After getting into an altercation, one of the men took the victim's skateboard and struck him with it. Both suspects then fled on foot.
The victim was transported to the hospital in life-threatening condition. According to police, no arrests have been made.
The Haight and Stanyan intersection is so chronically troubled that the city has made repeated attempts to "activate" it with projects like a bike rental stand and an open-air art exhibition. In 2015, it even ordered McDonald's to help clean up its Haight & Stanyan location, known as a hotspot for drug deals.
Here's a timeline of violent events at Haight and Stanyan over the past few years:
- Victim In Critical Condition After Haight & Stanyan Stabbing (10/7/13)
- Shooting Reported At Haight & Stanyan (6/18/14)
- Man Stabbed, Cop Bit By Dog At Haight & Stanyan (5/11/15)
- Man Shot Near Haight & Stanyan Whole Foods (9/30/15)
- 2 Men Stabbed, 1 Fatally, At Haight & Stanyan (12/14/15)
- Man Shot In Forearm Near Troubled Haight & Stanyan Intersection (1/5/16)
- Dog, Skateboard Involved In Yet Another Haight & Stanyan Stabbing (1/7/16)
- Body Discovered In Golden Gate Park's Alvord Lake (5/24/16)
- Man In Critical Condition After Stabbing On Hippie Hill (6/21/16)
- Stabbing, Shooting Strike District 5 On Friday Night (9/17/16)
- Yet Another Stabbing At Haight & Stanyan Results In Arrest (9/30/16)
Never miss a story.
Subscribe today to get Hoodline delivered straight to your inbox.