SFFD announced this morning that two people were displaced last night after a 1-alarm fire broke out in a unit at The Warrington Apartments (775 Post St.) at approximately 11:50pm last night.
Officials said the fire, which was apparently caused by a kitchen appliance, was contained around 12:43am.
Firefighters helped six people out of the building; an adult female required hospitalization for smoke inhalation and is expected to recover. "Sadly, one feline perished in this fire," the department noted.
The individuals who were displaced are being assisted by the American Red Cross, SFFD said.
Never miss a story.
Subscribe today to get Hoodline delivered straight to your inbox.