In an age where local journalism faces existential challenges, producing accurate, relevant neighborhood news is a solemn responsibility.
That said, there's also such a thing as taking yourself too seriously.
With that in mind, we looked back across the last year to find headlines that garnered positive feedback from readers (and approving emojis from our editorial staff).
In no particular order:
- Sand By Me: Peeved Parents Push To Preserve Part Of Panhandle Playground
- Release The Quacken: Toy Ducks Reappear In Noe Valley
- Caught In A Bird Romance: Cal Academy's Penguins Receive Hearts For Valentine's Day
- Public Works Contractor: Let Me Call Your Street 'Hearts'
- Hello Kitty: Mountain Lion Spotted Near Salesforce CEO's Home
- Turn Up The Volumes: 'Big Book Sale' Returns To Fort Mason
- Purp Walk: 6 Hyphy And Chill Ways To Celebrate 4/20 Day Around Oakland
- A Dish Best Served Gently Warmed: Revenge Pies Opens At Inner Sunset's San Franpsycho
- Chicken, Run: National Slaughterhouse Chain Plans Bayview Outpost
- Ate by 8:00 — Where To Grab An Early Breakfast In Oakland
Never miss a story.
Subscribe today to get Hoodline delivered straight to your inbox.