The Cow Palace is bringing back the Wild West to the Bay Area with the annual Grand National Rodeo, Livestock Exposition and Horse Show. Now in its 71st year, the Grand National Rodeo will celebrate the time-honored tradition of America's West by presenting the best of the best in the competitive sport of rodeo.
The Grand National Rodeo features traditional rodeo events including bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, bull riding and barrel racing.
During the livestock exposition, real farm equipment and animals are on site with interactive displays to learn about how food is grown. Exhibitors will show cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, and rabbits, along with photography and fine art inspired by agriculture and western lifestyle.
Other highlights include:
· Western marketplace (open daily from 2 pm – 11 pm)
· Classic Western BBQ with down-home comfort food
· Nightly LIVE music by Buck Nickels & Loose Change Band, and Chad Bushnell (9:30pm – 11pm)
· Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association show (7:30pm – 9pm)
· Equestrian competitions
· “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” day (in support of breast cancer awareness month)
· Military Day (GNR partners with organizations that provide services for Veterans)
· Mechanical bull rides and more!