Grab your blanket and meet us in the breathtaking Presidio of San Francisco for the sixth season of the Bay Area's favorite weekly community gathering – Presidio Picnic!
Presented by the Presidio Trust in partnership with Off the Grid, this year's Presidio Picnic will showcase the diverse food and cultures of the Bay Area by introducing a free cultural dance performance on the fourth Sunday of each month.
Presidio Picnic is free and open to the public, and takes place on the Presidio’s beautiful Main Parade Ground, an expansive seven-acre lawn with amazing views of the park, the city and San Francisco Bay. This year's Presidio Picnic will feature more than 25 international mobile food creators, music, lawn games, yoga, bike safety classes, and nature-based crafts for kids.
Off the Grid encourages you to get to the Presidio on the free PresidiGo downtown shuttle or public transit (and explore the national park's many trails, beaches, and historic sites while you're there!).
CULTURAL DANCE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
• March 18: Ohlone Costanoan Rumsen Carmel Tribe performs a traditional welcome blessing in their native Chochenyo language to open the season (starts at 11 a.m.)
• April 29: SF Awakkoren Dance Group performs Awa Odori, one of the most well-known Japanese traditional dances with 400 years of history
• May 27: Ballet Folklórico México Danza appears in a colorful, high-energy performance
• June 24: Alafia Dance Ensemble demonstrate the beauty of African Haitian dance
• July 22: China Dance Theatre celebrates the rich heritage of Chinese ethnic and folk dance
For more information and full creator lineups, visit offthegrid.com/presidiopicnic2018