Do you like the types of stories you see about the Castro on Hoodline and want to try your hand at writing some yourself? Do you not
like what you see and have better ideas for us? Or is there a particular topic you want to explore in more detail for our readers?
If you said yes to any of the above, we’d like to talk to you about writing for Hoodline.
Whether you live, work, or just spend a lot of time in the Castro, writing about the neighborhood is a way to learn more about how the community works, meet your neighbors and local businesses, and earn a little extra for doing so.
Sounds good? Good. First, please ask yourself the following questions:
- Can I write?
- Do I have a healthy curiosity about, if not an outright love for, my neighborhood?
- Can I meet deadlines, reply to emails, and not flake out in general?
- Do I have at least a little free time each month?
And note the following details:
- No professional experience required – we'll help you with story ideas and editing.
- We pay a small amount per post for regular neighborhood writers and a small monthly stipend for neighborhood editors