Washington, D.C./ Crime & Emergencies
AI Assisted Icon
Published on May 08, 2024
D.C. Man Sentenced to Six Years for Illegal Firearms and Drug TraffickingSource: Blogtrepreneur, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons

A District man has been slapped with a six-year prison stretch after he was busted possessing illegal firearms alongside a hefty side of crack cocaine, cocaine base, and heroin. Ronald Hinkle, 46, known on the streets as "Ronald Archer," got the book thrown at him by U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, following his guilty plea on Aug 2, 2023, as reported by the U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Columbia.

Judge Kollar-Kotelly didn't stop at the incarceration. Once Hinkle serves his time, he's looking at five years of supervised release and community service to boot. This D.C. convict was nabbed by the feds back on Feb. 21, 2018, when officers caught him red-handed with a buffet of narcotics as he hopped into a rental car on the 2500 block of R Street SE, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Columbia.

Earning his stripes in the drug game, Hinkle was packing 84 grams of crack stashed in his waistband and had even more goodies in the vehicle — eight grams of cocaine and 30 grams of heroin to be exact. The cops' jackpot continued when they raided his nearby apartment, where they discovered several kilos of cocaine, a mountain of ill-gotten cash, and three firearms, including a Ruger and a Glock. As it turned out, those pistols were personally signed by Hinkle's very own DNA, the feds confirmed.

The tackle on Hinkle was a touchdown for the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETF), who aim their sights at the big fish in the pond of drug trafficking and other shady enterprises. Through a collaborative web spun tight by federal, state, and local law enforcers, these kingpins have nowhere to hide, as per the U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Columbia. The case saw teamwork from the FBI's Washington Field Office, the DEA, and MPD's Violent Crime Suppression Division, and was prosecuted by U.S. Attorneys Cameron Tepfer and Thomas Strong.