Wondering what buildings are coming down or going up in Austin? Local building permit data can shine a light on what's under construction near you.
In the past week, the city issued 370 commercial and 1,119 residential building permits, according to data from the Austin city government.
Five hundred seventy-five of those permits were for new building construction, 24 were for demolition projects and the remainder were for repairs and renovations.
Read on for a selection of the most noteworthy new permits.
- Contractor Austin Air Conditioning Inc. received a permit for new construction of four commercial structures from 4707 to 4713 Unity Circle.
- Contractor Tetco Mechanical was issued a permit for new construction of four commercial structures from 9701 Spectrum Drive, Building 8 to 17.
In the permit, the work scope is described as: "New construction of multifamily with garage."
Demolitions, Repairs and Renovations
- Contractor Facility Solutions Group was issued a permit for repair/renovation of 18 commercial structures from 2111 Rio Grande St., Floor 2 to Floor 19.
- The city issued a permit for repair/renovation of five commercial structures from 6800 Manchaca Road, Unit 19 to 35.
In the permit, the work scope is described as: "Irrigation system install."
- Applicant Austin Commercial Lp was issued a permit for repair/renovation of five commercial structures at 202 Nueces St.
The work is described as: "Finish out for hotel rooms."
- Applicant D R Horton Homes was issued a permit for new construction of four commercial structures from 4604 to 4708 Canongate Drive.
The work is described as: "Construct 33 linear feet of new sidewalk and 17-foot driveway approach shall meet all city standards."
- Contractor 2302 Fortune Drive LLC received a permit for new construction of a residential structure costing $626,800 at 2302 Fortune Drive.
The work is described as: "New two-story single family residence with attached two-car garage and porch, four-bedroom four-bathroom."
Demolitions, Renovations and Repairs
- Applicant Solstema, LLC was issued a permit for repair/renovation of 10 residential structures from 1100 to 1203 Diggy Drive.
The permit defines the project's work scope as: "Install new solar system for new residence."
- Contractor Francis Solar, LLC was issued a permit for repair/renovation of four residential structures from 16601 to 16625 Sumptuous Drive.
In the permit, the work scope is described as: "Install solar system."
This story was created automatically using local building data, then reviewed and augmented by an editor. Click here for more about what we're doing.
Got thoughts? Go here to share your feedback.