This year's fair will include five entertainment areas:
- The Main Stage (Market and Castro) will see the opening ceremony held at 11am, followed by a dance workout, drag shows, puppet shows from Tony Award-winning Avenue Q, and ... bellydancers!
- The Legends Stage (18th and Collingwood) will kick off all-day music and DJs with a yoga dance from the Castro's own yoga studio Adhikara Yoga
- The Dance Alley (parking lot at 18th and Collingwood behind Magnet) will be the spot for people who just want to shake it, with DJs spinning mixes from some of the city's best party DJs including
Oscar PinedaMark O'Brien, Riley Patrick, Dan De Leon, and Robin Simmons
- The Castro Alley (parking lot behind the Castro Theatre) will feature two-stepping and line-dancing classes for newbies, so come on down to learn with free classes from the Sundance Saloon
- And lastly, but certainly not least, the Milky Way (on 18th between Hartford and Noe) will feature the area formerly known as Barnaby's World of Wonderment.
Food will be located in the same place as it has been in the past, with a variety of food vendors cooking up fair grub on Market Street just east of Castro Street.
In addition to being a fun excuse to dress down and hang out with friends, the whole event will benefit a good cause. The fair will be collecting a suggested $5 - $10 donation at the gate, with proceeds going towards local non-profits and the maintenance and upkeep of the Pride flag at Harvey Milk Plaza.
That's what's on deck for the festivities this coming Sunday, so come on out to snag some food, shake your tail, check out the art and enjoy the fair!