The SFPD reported this morning that the infamous intersection at Haight and Stanyan, at the entrance to Golden Gate Park, has seen yet another stabbing.
At 3pm yesterday, there was a scuffle between two men, during which one man, 35, realized he'd been stabbed in the leg with a knife by the other, 41. Both men were taken to the hospital following the incident, and the suspect was taken into custody. The knife used was also recovered.
This incident is merely the latest in a slew of violent incidents at the troubled intersection, including a spate of stabbings, shootings, and a murder earlier this year.
The intersection is so chronically troubled that the city has made repeated attempts to "activate" it, with projects like a bike rental stand and an open-air art exhibition. Last year, it even ordered McDonald's to help clean up its Haight & Stanyan location, famously a hotspot for drug deals.
Here's a timeline of violent events at Haight and Stanyan over the past few years—including an incident that occurred just a couple of weeks ago:
- Victim In Critical Condition After Haight & Stanyan Stabbing (10/7/13)
- Shooting Reported At Haight Stanyan (6/18/14)
- Man Stabbed, Cop Bit By Dog At Haight & Stanyan (5/11/15)
Man Shot Near Haight & Stanyan Whole Foods (9/30/15)
- 2 Men Stabbed, 1 Fatally, At Haight & Stanyan (12/14/15)
Man Shot In Forearm Near Troubled Haight & Stanyan Intersection (1/5/16)
Dog, Skateboard Involved In Yet Another Haight & Stanyan Stabbing (1/7/16)
- Body Discovered In Golden Gate Park's Alvord Lake (5/24/16)
- Man In Critical Condition After Stabbing On Hippie Hill (6/21/16)
Stabbing, Shooting Strike District 5 On Friday Night (9/17/16)