Knoxville/ Weather & Environment
AI Assisted Icon
Published on May 19, 2024
Sunny Days with Mid-80s in Knoxville, Followed by Possible ShowersSource: Unsplash/ Domino Studio

Knoxville residents can expect a break from the gloom this week, with a sunny forecast that promises to bring temperatures into the mid-80s. After a damp and overcast start to the day, the skies will clear up, heralding a mostly sunny day with a high near 83 degrees and a gentle breeze from the northeast, according to the National Weather Service.

As reported by the NWS, the evening is shaping up to be just as pleasant, with temperatures dipping to a comfortable low of around 61 degrees under mostly clear skies. The calm pattern is set to continue into the start of the work week, showcasing sun-filled days and crisp nightly lows, giving locals a reason to enjoy the outdoors.

The week's outlook remains bright with Tuesday providing sunny skies after the morning fog lifts. It won’t just be the sun that's rising but also the daytime temperatures, which are expected to climb to a high near 86 degrees. It will be an ideal weather situation for those seeking to spend their day engaged in outdoor activities or simply soaking in the warmth.

Heading into Wednesday, the trend of mostly sunny days persists and a slight breeze from the south is expected to provide a modest respite from the heat. However, the weather takes a turn on Thursday with the NWS predicting a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Overnight, showers and thunderstorms are likely, with a low around 65 degrees, possibly disrupting the tranquility residents have enjoyed in the first half of the week.

As the weekend approaches, the forecast suggests a 60 percent chance of continued showers and thunderstorms on Friday, likely to lead into a slightly drier Saturday that still holds a 40 percent chance of rainfall. The skies are going to be partly sunny with a high near 83, wrapping up a week that began with the promise of sunshine and ends with the uncertainty of spring showers. 

For more detailed information on Knoxville’s weather forecast, visit NWS Knoxville.