Get the latest local stories in your inbox.
Crime & Emergencies in ...
Mariah Grace Whitten, 22, vanished after leaving her San Antonio home on Monday; investigators say she has no cellphone and family have had no contact. Authorities are asking for tips.
A Good Samaritan who stopped to help a stranded driver on FM 78 was struck and left critically injured when a silver Ford Fiesta fled the scene. Police and Crime Stoppers are seeking tips.
A bomb threat at a San Antonio Walmart led to an evacuation; no explosives were found, and police are seeking the unidentified caller who demanded money.
Homero Zamorano Jr. is due to be sentenced Dec. 4 after pleading guilty in the 2022 Quintana Road smuggling tragedy that left 53 people dead.
Ex-Schertz police officer Alberto De La Torre was arrested in Guadalupe County on sexual assault charges after being previously fired for a "sustained complaint of Truthfulness."
An elderly Texas couple missing since Thanksgiving were found dead in New Mexico near their vehicle following a multi-agency search. Initial signs point to hypothermia as the cause of death.
A former Harper ISD band staffer was arrested after authorities say he recorded a 15‑year‑old in an off‑campus incident. The district says there’s no evidence the conduct occurred on school grounds.
A South Side stabbing Wednesday night left one person critically injured; police are investigating.
A 21-year-old Austin man was sentenced this week after prosecutors said he was a major supplier of fentanyl in Hays County. Officials say his arrest reduced local availability of the drug.
A San Antonio man was sentenced to 25 years for trafficking fentanyl and possessing firearms, after law enforcement found 10,000 pills and multiple firearms in his possession.
CBP officers at the Laredo Port of Entry intercepted a smuggling attempt, confiscating weapons and ammunition hidden in a vehicle during a secondary inspection.
A 2023 FBI-raid suspect in San Antonio had his murder charge dismissed while a co-defendant pleaded to aggravated kidnapping and robbery and faces sentencing in January.
Federal prosecutors say a 22-year-old Honolulu man and four others were indicted in a federal probe alleging an online 'cult' coerced minors into sexual video calls.
Newsletter Signup
Enter your email, choose one or more newsletters, and we will only send updates for the metros you select.
* indicates required
Select at least one newsletter.