If you're planning to drive, bus or carshare to, from or around the waterfront or SoMa this weekend, you'll want to plan your route carefully. Two major events in the area—the Bridge to Bridge run and Salesforce Dreamforce—will cause detours and, potentially, traffic delays.
Thursday, Sept. 29th-Sunday, Oct. 9th
Salesforce Dreamforce is returning for another event at Moscone Center from Oct. 4th-7th. But street closures in preparation for the event begin tonight.
According to the SFMTA's latest alert, the following streets will be closed from 8pm today to 8pm next Sunday, Oct. 9th:
- Howard Street—between Third and Fourth
- Third Street—Western traffic lane between Howard and Folsom
- Fourth Street—Eastern traffic lane between Howard and Moscone loading dock entrance
- Fourth Street—Western curb lane between Minna and Howard
- Howard Street—Two northern lanes between Fourth and Fifth
A slew of Muni lines that run near the conference center—including the 8, 9, 14, 21, 30 and 45—are expected to see delays during the closures. Find the full list here.
If you'd rather join the fun than fight it, free passes are still available. They'll get you access to the expo, and well as the Dreampark on Howard Street, the 'Day of Compassion' keynote, and the 'Women and Equality' keynote.
Sunday, Oct. 2nd
The 40th Bridge to Bridge Run kicks off at 9am this Sunday, taking runners along the Embarcadero from the Ferry Building to Fort Point and back. Here's the official race map:
The Fisherman's Wharf Community Benefit District reports that the following streets will be closed to vehicles as participants pound the pavement:
- 8:15-9:30am—The Embarcadero (northbound) between Mission and Jefferson streets
- 9-10am—Jefferson Street between the Embarcadero and its western terminus
- 9-10:15am—Van Ness Avenue between the Muni turnaround and the Muni pier
- 9-10:30am—Laguna Street between Bay Street and Marina Boulevard
- 9am-12pm—Marina Boulevard (westbound curb and parking lanes only) between Laguna and Marina Gate
The 39-Coit bus, as well as the E-Embarcadero and F-Market rail lines will be impacted. Details on specific service interruptions for each are available on the SFMTA's website.
Again, there's still time to get in on the race. Advance online registrations for the 5K and 12K races will be accepted until 11:59pm today, and last-minute registrations can be purchased in Justin Herman Plaza until 8:50am Sunday.