Yesterday, yet another violent incident took place at the chronically troubled Haight & Stanyan intersection—an unprovoked stabbing of a pedestrian, which occurred in broad daylight in the middle of the afternoon.
The victim, 35, told police he was walking on the 700 block of Stanyan (at Haight) around 1:10pm, when he was approached from behind by a stranger, who stabbed him. Police say the attack was entirely unprovoked.
The victim was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while the suspect, believed to be a man in his 20s, fled the scene and remains at large.
Anyone with information about the stabbing is encouraged to call the SFPD's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444, or text a tip to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
The latest incident comes only a month and a half after a teen sustained life-threatening injuries after being attacked with a skateboard at the intersection.
Here's a timeline of violent events at Haight and Stanyan over the past few years:
- Victim In Critical Condition After Haight & Stanyan Stabbing (10/7/13)
- Shooting Reported At Haight & Stanyan (6/18/14)
- Man Stabbed, Cop Bit By Dog At Haight & Stanyan (5/11/15)
- Man Shot Near Haight & Stanyan Whole Foods (9/30/15)
- 2 Men Stabbed, 1 Fatally, At Haight & Stanyan (12/14/15)
- Man Shot In Forearm Near Troubled Haight & Stanyan Intersection (1/5/16)
- Dog, Skateboard Involved In Yet Another Haight & Stanyan Stabbing (1/7/16)
- Body Discovered In Golden Gate Park's Alvord Lake (5/24/16)
- Man In Critical Condition After Stabbing On Hippie Hill (6/21/16)
- Stabbing, Shooting Strike District 5 On Friday Night (9/17/16)
- Yet Another Stabbing At Haight & Stanyan Results In Arrest (9/30/16)
- Teen In Life-Threatening Condition After Skateboard Attack At Haight & Stanyan (2/13/17)