Bay Area/ San Francisco/ Retail & Industry

Castro Men's Clothing Store Entour Announces Closure After 20 Years

Published on August 17, 2026
Castro Men's Clothing Store Entour Announces Closure After 20 YearsPhoto: Steven Bracco/Hoodline

After 20 years in the Castro, men's clothing store Entour (2319 Market Street) has announced that it will close at the end of September.

Entour owner Jeffrey Wang shared the news with Hoodline.

Opened in 2006, Entour has been at its current, mid-block location since 2023. Previously, Entour spent 17 years in a corner retail space below The Lookout at 3600 16th Street.

"Our business was much better after we moved from the prior location to the current location on Market Street almost three years ago because of the better location with more foot traffic and visibility, and a three-times-bigger space," explained Wang.


Men's clothing store Entour will close at the end of September. | Photo: Steven Bracco/Hoodline

 

Entour moved into the space previously occupied by home decor shop Kenneth Wingard. Kenneth Wingard closed in April 2022 after 16 years in the Castro.

Entour offered customers a variety of t-shirts, tank tops, swimwear, underwear, and accessories. The store also offered mobile phone repair and accessories.

Wang cited current economic issues as the reason for the store's closure. "Unfortunately, the business has declined since Trump started the tariff war against the rest of the world in May 2025, and it’s even worse after he started the Iran war."

Wang explained that these decisions have caused "higher inventory and shipping costs, both domestically and internationally."


Photo: Steven Bracco/Hoodline

 

Added to that, Wang said, "people reduce shopping expenses when the economy is bad, and gas and grocery costs are higher."

Wang said the largest impact has been "the dramatic drop of foreign tourists coming to the country because they hate Trump. They don't want to get deported when they are visiting."

Wang accounts for an approximate 25-30% drop in sales because of this issue.

With the store's lease ending and a rent increase coming, Wang decided it was the right time to close the store. "I don't think we can survive three more years as long as Trump is still in the White House," Wang said.

A clearance sale is currently underway while the store prepares to close next month. A new tenant for the space has not been announced at this time.