With rain on the horizon this weekend, Outer Sunset residents will want to make sure to bundle up and stay dry. You'll also want to double-check with outdoor event organizers that events are still happening—at least one event, last night's scheduled outdoor screening of "Ant-Man" in McCoppin Square, has become a casualty of the storms.
Others, like today's Leap's Sandcastle Classic, will happen rain or shine. Now in its 34th year, this annual event is Northern California's largest sandcastle competition. Expect to see buckets galore, sandy faces, and fanciful castles rising from the shores of Ocean Beach.
Saturday's agenda also sees children's secondhand clothing store Hunter's Threads hosting a kick-off party for the fall. Stop by for some music and shopping.
On Sunday, schedule some time for yourself with a day-long retreat at Sivananda Yoga Center. The retreat includes yoga classes, meditation, and a vegetarian lunch. Go for a half-day or the entire day.
Once the skies clear up, head over to Taraval Station for its monthly community meeting on Tuesday night. The meeting will also feature a presentation on the city's Clean Power program.
Here are all the events coming up this week in the Outer Sunset. For more fun around the city, check out our full events calendar at hoodline.com/events. If you have an event you'd like to add to our calendar, you can submit it here for free.
Saturday, October 15th
Sunday, October 16th
Tuesday, October 18th
Wednesday, October 19th
The Week in Outer Sunset News
- Controversial Palm Trees Now Being Planted On Irving Street Corridor
- Ocean Beach Swastika Coconuts Likely Part of Hindu Ritual, Not Nazi Display
- 20 Minutes After Moving In, Pregnant Couple Loses Everything In Noriega Fire
- New Open-Air Exercise Stations Debut On Sunset Boulevard
- Lincoln High Alumni Talk Growing Up In The Sunset, Vintage Cars
- 3 Injured, 9 Displaced In 22nd & Noriega Blaze [Updated]